Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 18

Today has been much busier compared to yesterday. I burned a PDF file onto 2 DVDs to give to the client for the booklet, so this job is completed. My boss was also wanting me to figure out how to get a letterhead PDF file into a word document. Converting the file only pixelated it and distorted the colors, so I ended up just making a jpeg file. I have also continued working on the last library sign. I'm stuck on coming up with a design on this particular sign, the client says they don't want just a plain "no food" but something "with a positive spin on it."

I got the brochure ready and out to printing. I had to first set up the file by page order onto a 11x17" paper (as each individual page is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"). From there I had to make negatives from the lino, which is a very complicating process. There's so many steps as to do it all correctly. It was my second time doing it but I feel I would have to do it several more times before I feel comfortable doing without any help. I have learned from this to always number your pages, I did not have them numbered for this job and I wish I would have, it makes checking things a lot easier and it will also help out the printers.

No comments:

Post a Comment